Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013

A New Year.  The other night, I was watching TV, surfing the channels and came across Mike Huckabee on Fox News.  I am going to take his lead and I am going to concentrate on all the experiences in my life that I should be grateful for.  I am not going to dwell on all the horrible, heart breaking things that happened in 2012.  For me, I am grateful for my friends and family.  I am blessed to have been able to spend time with my six, delightful grandsons, to watch them grow, to watch them learn, to watch them discover new things.  I am grateful for my husband who is always willing to lend a hand to anyone without question, without hesitation.  I am grateful that I am still able to visit my mother, although her health is deteriorating.  I am grateful that I was able to write and publish my first novel, a feat that took me a long time to accomplish, but accomplish I did.  I am grateful that the words for my second novel, a sequel to my first, are flowing and being put down on paper!  I am grateful to my doctors who have been able to keep my health in check and who continue to watch over me and take care of me.  I am grateful to all the new writers I have met both in person and on the internet who share their ideas, who help me write better.  I am not the type of person to make New Year's Resolutions as I have never been able to keep those that I did make.  However, I will strive to be a better person, to be healthier and happier.  I will pray for Peace for my loved ones, my friends, our Country, and our World.

No comments:

Post a Comment